On July 22nd, Apple released iOS 14 beta 3 with further refinements to the new features and continued stability improvements. Apple suggests to update apps to use new features, and test them apps against API changes.
- Issues have been detected on 3D Touch (temporarily unavailable in iOS 14 Beta 3), AppStore, Audio, Device Check, ExposureNotification, HomeScreen, Homekit, Localization, email, maps, measures, shortcuts, Third-Party Apps, Wallet, Fonts, etc. Here's the detail: Developer.Apple
- New popups:
- when you use iOS 14 widgets for the first time: “Press and hold a widget to reorganize them. In jiggle mode, tap the plus in the top left to add widget.”
-when you edit your iOS 14 home screen for the first time: “Hide unorganized home screen pages by tapping the page dots.”
- New widgets from the Clock app are now available
- New app icon for the Music app
Full content and details (external sources): 9to5mac
On July 8th, Android released the second Beta of Android 11: APIs and behaviors are finalized. For developers, it’s time to get started on your final compatibility updates and publish them in time for the official release later in Q3. Android added new processes, developer tools, and release milestones to minimize the impact of platform updates and make it easier for apps to stay compatible. Also, it is now easier to run automated tests on the latest OS.
- new features are available in Android 11 for work profiles:
- improved support for work profiles on company-owned devices
-the separate work and personal tabs introduced to the default launcher in Android 9 have been extended to more device features
-When a work profile is paused, the work profile lock screen now supports a forgot my password button for Android 11 devices that have separate device and work profile passwords.
- Company-owned devices:
-Admins of company-owned devices can now enable Common Criteria Mode on a device. When enabled, Common Criteria Mode increases security in certain security components on a device, including AES-GCM encryption of Bluetooth Long Term Keys, and Wi-Fi configuration stores.
-admins of company-owned devices can request device attestation using individual attestation certificates
-Users are now notified when an admin enables location services and/ or grants an app the permission
- Android 11 includes the following notable API deprecations
Full content and details (external sources): Android Developers
The rollout continues as it has been reaching new devices and markets every day: 39 devices received the latest OS in China, Mate 20 and Mate 20 Pro in the Philippines, then it reached Bosnia and Herzegovina, Poland and Serbia. In Europe, Honor has pushed 10.1.0.211 to the View 20 (in this case, the update was named Magic UI 3.1).
Full content and details (external sources): NotebookCheck
The software update will be released in the third quarter of 2020. The official date will be announced at Huawei Developer Conference 2020 (HDC 20), between August and September 2020.
Full content and details (external sources): Huawei Central